[arch-general] Something wrong with firefox/thunderbird driving X cpu usage -> 100%

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:31:21 EDT 2012

On 08/08/2012 08:33 AM, Adam Sparks wrote:
> I saw an email just like this like week and made a switch to chromium.
> There is a difference. Especially when opening a new window, Firefox has
> some very large spikes. Don't use Thunderbird so I cannot say anything
> about that.

Thanks,

   If you are running chromium -- *make sure* you tweak the privacy settings
to that it isn't sending all your browsing information back to its master.
That is the primary reason I do not use it. I know it isn't as bad on Linux as
on windows, but there are still concerns.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.