[arch-general] Something wrong with firefox/thunderbird driving X cpu usage -> 100%

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:46:20 EDT 2012

On 08/08/2012 11:46 AM, Baho Utot wrote:
> What version of thunderbird where you using?
>
> I have 13.0

   I have 14.0. You are very lucky, I see anywhere from 30-99.9% when
accessing folders, scrolling, etc.. After it completes all operations, then it
will settle down to 0.3%. I have tried different desktops, fluxbox, gnome,
etc.. and the behavior remains the same (better in fluxbox, but not by much)

   I guess this is something I will just have to watch. Nothing jumps out as
being the cause. I don't know if there is something gtk related that could do
it, or what other errors I would expect to see if that were the case. I'll
poke around some more and report back with anything that looks promising.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.