[arch-general] What can be deleted, when not using systemd - was: polkit package upgrade patch

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 09:59:54 EDT 2012

On 08/11/2012 09:30 AM, Tom Gundersen wrote:

[putolin]

> I think there is no interest (upstream) in trying to make systemd
> optional forever, so this is a concern you are probably right about.
> However, the suggestions of what might be merged show that you are
> either joking or don't know these projects well. At some point parts
> of dbus will move into the kernel (so that is something to troll about
> I guess). -t

One thing that the folks/upstream that are merging all these things
together is missing is that the future of "user" computer is moving to
phones and ipad type devices.  PC will still be around but the consumer
has spoken and it looks like he/she is moving to these devices.  I don't
condemn them for doing so as they want something that works.  Turn it on
and get what they want done, PCs don't do this.
How are/would these giant concoctions going to play here as they don't
have the storage, memory, or cpu to handle this.  The direction should
be going in the tool kit style as in here's the kernel and you can bolt
on all of these independent things. Something like android?