[arch-general] What can be deleted, when not using systemd - was: polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Aug 11 13:14:30 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 11:17 -0500, Leonid Isaev wrote:
> tablets and i* devices are toys

The hardware capabilities aren't used very good, but they anyway aren't
toys. For professional audio usage there at least are amazing remote
controls available.
Until now I didn't find the kind of graphic app I need, but it's already
nice to be able to make computer graphics, while having the freedom not
to sit in front of a computer.

For artist they are very useful. Until now I won't recommend to buy a
tablet PC, regarding to the policy of Apple and because common Android
tablets, old hardware and old versions of Android, don't have the needed
capabilities.

"Most" (really "most") users just follow the hype, everybody wants a
modern mobile and/or tablet PC and they like to use social networks, but
there's also the possibility to use tablet PCs for serious work, at
least for arts.

You limit your way of seeing by yourself, that also explains your lack
of insight, when other people try to explain the reason why forced
dependencies are that bad.

For some people computers are tools. Don't call tablet PCs tools, just
because you limit your imagination and because you are not willing to
listen to others.

You might search the LAD and LAU archives for amazing examples about
what already is possible with Android and iOS tablet PCs. There's much
more possible, but we still tilt a little bit at windmills at the
moment.

Regards,
Ralf