[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Aug 11 20:47:59 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:05 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> This is completely sick. Any audio engineer trying to
> use a mixer that way would (and should) be fired for
> gross incompetence - immediately.

Argument by authority, nice. Care to elaborate? (Sorry to anyone who
is sick of PA, but for once I'm seeing the chance to learn something
from one of these threads ;-)).

If the problem is too complex to explain in layman terms, that's
understandable. However, is the problem one that would be unacceptable
in a professional setting (e.g. a recording studio, ...) as it would
cause subtle issues. Or is it a problem that I should be able to
observe on my crappy speakers at home? If so, what am I listening for?
How would I go about reproducing it?

Cheers,

Tom