[arch-general] What can be deleted, when not using systemd - was: polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 12 18:54:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 00:36 +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > The essence of it still is the question, why can't PA be optional?
>
> I don't do gnome stuff, so I don't know the answer to this (I think I
> do, but haven't taken the time to check). I'm sure the answer can be
> found if you were to do
>
> $ git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnome-settings-daemon
> $ git grep -i pulse
>
> HTH,
>
> Tom

Fair play, I don't need GDM and for Arch Linux on my computer only GDM
depends indirectly to pulaseaudio.

I simply fear that PA and other software that could brake some usages,
will spread, without any need.

There will alway be a way (at least with help from the community) to get
rid of such annoying software. But IMO the simplest way is to stop
making odd dependencies.

Regards,
Ralf