[arch-general] What can be deleted, when not using systemd - was: polkit package upgrade patch

Joakim Hernberg jbh at alchemy.lu
Sun Aug 12 18:41:21 EDT 2012

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 00:33:17 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> The essence of it still is the question, why can't PA be optional?
>
> PA isn't needed. PA can be an advantage for some usages. PA can
> completely break some Linux.

What specific problem do you have with programs being linked to
libpulse, so far I haven't encountered any in Arch.

OK, I also know from supporting software that some other distributions
have a long standing tradition of trampling Jack under their feet and
being more or less permanently useless for years already.  One reason
I'm very happy to be using Archlinux...!

---

   Joakim