[arch-general] What can be deleted, when not using systemd - was: polkit package upgrade patch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 12 19:05:25 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 00:41 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 00:33:17 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
> > The essence of it still is the question, why can't PA be optional?
> >
> > PA isn't needed. PA can be an advantage for some usages. PA can
> > completely break some Linux.
>
> What specific problem do you have with programs being linked to
> libpulse, so far I haven't encountered any in Arch.

A dependency to libpulse is ok, a dependency to pulseaudio is the
showstopper.

Until now even this isn't an issue, since AFAIK only GNOME for Arch
insists on pulseaudio. But this might change. People for good reasons
chose some distro. However, IMO it's important to see which way the wind
is blowing. I much to often read one name (Poe...), when simply reading
just for entertainment some Linux ezines.

Paranoia ;), but for god reasons ;).