[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Joakim Hernberg jbh at alchemy.lu
Mon Aug 13 06:34:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:50:16 +0530
Jayesh Badwaik <jayesh.badwaik90 at gmail.com> wrote:

> (Yes, udev on non-systemd systems is in our eyes a dead end, in case
> you haven't noticed it yet. I am looking forward to the day when we
> can drop that support entirely.)"

Lennart in topform again...:(  Well if that's the official stance, then
it seems pretty clear that udev is going to be gone some day.  Too bad,
we are either going to have to fork or look for an alternative to udev.
Alternatively we will all be running systemd one day whether we
want to or not :(  I suspect that this has been the game plan all the
time though.  OK, flames away I guess :)

---

   Joakim