[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:25:19 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 14 Aug 2012 09:12:30 Baho Utot wrote:
> I think Arch was good back in the day.
>
> Now not so good.

This sounds a bit inflammatory and over-generalised.  Presumably what you don't
like about Arch now is the fact that it will potentially change its default
init system sometime in the not-too-distant future?  I'd be interested to hear
if there's anything else that has made you switch.

> I have stopped using arch except for one server that does mail and DNS.
> It is presently being moved to "my own linux distro" based on LFS and
> using pacman for the package manager.

I'm genuinely curious about this: if you're using pacman as the package
manager, are you building your own packages and hosting your own package
repository, or are you using the standard Arch repositories?  If it's the
latter, it sounds like you'd end up with an Arch system that happened to be
bootstrapped using LFS...

Paul