[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:12:40 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Calvin Morrison
<mutantturkey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 August 2012 09:52, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto
> <denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think Arch was good back in the day.
>>>
>>> Now not so good.
>>>
>>> I have stopped using arch except for one server that does mail and DNS. It
>>> is presently being moved to "my own linux distro" based on LFS and using
>>> pacman for the package manager.
>>
>> Does that means you'll stop trolling this mailing list? I, for one,
>> thank you for that!
>>
>> --
>> A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
>> Q: Why is top posting so bad?
>> For more information, please read: http://idallen.com/topposting.html

>> Denis A. Altoe Falqueto
>> Linux user #524555
>
> When did offering an opposing opinion to what ever is popular become
> tolling? what is this? /r/politics?
>
> I frankly have seen arguments both ways for systemd and initscripts,
> and the fact that many users do not want to switch is enough for me to
> say "ok then let's not switch".
>
> the GNU/Linux community seems to have this jump ship mentality which
> is really annoying.

There are lots of levels of discussions. I don't remember him giving
one only usefull and high level post. Just pure bashing and spitting
his opinion, that is important for him, sure, but not necessarily for
others. And I even thanked him for going in the direction he really
wants. If all nay sayers did that, we could be a very healthier list.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.