[arch-general] Lennart Poettering on udev-systemd

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Aug 14 10:31:45 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 11:12 -0300, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Calvin Morrison
> <mutantturkey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 14 August 2012 09:52, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto
> > <denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Does that means you'll stop trolling this mailing list? I, for one,
> >> thank you for that!
> >>
> >> --
> >> A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
> >> Q: Why is top posting so bad?
> >> For more information, please read: http://idallen.com/topposting.html
> >>
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >> Denis A. Altoe Falqueto
> >> Linux user #524555
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >
> > When did offering an opposing opinion to what ever is popular become
> > tolling? what is this? /r/politics?
> >
> > I frankly have seen arguments both ways for systemd and initscripts,
> > and the fact that many users do not want to switch is enough for me to
> > say "ok then let's not switch".
> >
> > the GNU/Linux community seems to have this jump ship mentality which
> > is really annoying.
>
> There are lots of levels of discussions. I don't remember him giving
> one only usefull and high level post. Just pure bashing and spitting
> his opinion, that is important for him, sure, but not necessarily for
> others. And I even thanked him for going in the direction he really
> wants. If all nay sayers did that, we could be a very healthier list.

That's the first really unsocial, aka flame, I read on this list :(.
Note, even a personality disorder, a troll or what ever in your mind is
bad, is part of the human community. "healthier list" to me sounds like
"eugenics" and similar stupid and evil nonsense.

Keep the list pure practice eugenics :(?!

I hope I misunderstood your words so that my statement is overdone.

Regards,
Ralf