[arch-general] Think twice before moving to systemd

John K Pate j.k.pate at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 10:08:05 EDT 2012

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:16:31 +0200
Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Denis A. Altoé Falqueto
> <denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is so stupid that it's not even funny. You said that the problem
> > was having CONFIG_HZ=300 and systemd. I said it is not, because I also
> > have that situation and it works. So, your point is moot. I didn't say
> > you don't have a problem, but just that it may be not related to
> > CONFIG_HZ. I even sent you an article with ways on how to inspect the
> > behaviour of systemd, which was completely ignored.
>
> My problem with CONFIG_HZ exists
> independently of whether you experience the problem yourself or not.

But it suggests that the problem is not *just* systemd and
CONFIG_HZ=300. I am, and many others are, running systemd with
CONFIG_HZ=300 fine. If you encountered a problem, there must be some
other underlying cause. A constructive response would work towards
finding and addressing the other underlying cause.

> No. You clearly don't understand how epistemology works, and I'm not
> going to explain it to you.

irony of ironies...

--
John K Pate http://jkpate.net/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.