[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd

cesar de padua capidepadua at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 01:43:35 EDT 2012

Perhaps you're on the wrong distribution, Mr. Contreras. Based on the
wikipages on ArchLinux' philosophy, it's all about being simple, but
bleeding-edge, ahead-of-the-curve. According to one of the posts I've come
across, Systemd seems to be what other less-aggressive distributions are
using. Also, Arch has expressed clearly that it doesn't plan on being
user-friendly. Besides being explicitly stated in the wiki, it is quite
strongly implied at installation, with its lack of a user interface.

If you want something stable, you could probably go with Debian. I recall
reading that it isn't shifting to Systemd, and that its EXTREMELY stable.