[arch-general] lib -> usr/lib move, glibc and curl

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Tue Aug 21 05:05:07 EDT 2012

Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> on Tue, 2012/08/21 10:43:
> Am 21.08.2012 10:25, schrieb Christian Hesse:
> > pacman -Syud --ignore glibc
> >
> > and ended in a broken package manager. pacman is linked against libcurl,
> > which is compiled against glibc 2.16.0 and includes versioned symbols.
> > Luckily I had an old curl package around to temporarily fix the problem
> > and update the system.
> >
> > Others may be out of luck, so... Do you think this needs some more
> > investigation?
>
> This is known, and I don't think we can properly fix it, at least not
> anymore.

Oh, the commands in the wiki exclude curl now. Did not notice that.

I am fine with the situation, I can deal with these things. Hopefully others
will read the wiki. :D
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)