[arch-general] lib -> usr/lib move, glibc and curl

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 06:01:26 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 21 Aug 2012 11:05:07 Christian Hesse wrote:
> Oh, the commands in the wiki exclude curl now. Did not notice that.
>
> I am fine with the situation, I can deal with these things. Hopefully others
> will read the wiki. :D

For those like me that followed the news article's instructions first and ran
into the curl issue, I fixed this by coping the old curl package (that was just
replaced) from /var/cache/pacman/pkg into an empty subdirectory in my home
directory and unpacked it.  Then, as root I replaced the
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.2.0 library with the one found in the package.  This
fixed pacman, allowing me to downgrade curl properly with "pacman -U".

The rest can then be done as described on the wiki page.

Paul