[arch-general] lib -> usr/lib move, glibc and curl

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 22 19:28:58 EDT 2012

Am 23.08.2012 00:54, schrieb Damjan:
>>> pacman -Syud --ignore glibc
>>>
>>> and ended in a broken package manager. pacman is linked against libcurl,
>>> which is compiled against glibc 2.16.0 and includes versioned symbols.
>>> Luckily I had an old curl package around to temporarily fix the
>>> problem and
>>> update the system.
>>>
>>> Others may be out of luck, so... Do you think this needs some more
>>> investigation?
>>
>> This is known, and I don't think we can properly fix it, at least not
>> anymore.
>
> How about adding pacman to the default failsafe initramfs.
> That way, if anything goes wrong with a big update like this, one could
> finish it up from that initramfs.

Actually a neat idea. Copy mkinitcpio.conf to mkinitcpio-pacman.conf,
add this in mkinitcpio-pacman.conf:

BINARIES="pacman"
FILES="/etc/pacman.conf /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist"

Then, edit /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset:

Add:

pacman_config="/etc/mkinitcpio-pacman.conf"
pacman_image="/boot/initramfs-linux-pacman.img"

and add 'pacman' to the PRESETS line.