[arch-general] systemd native files in etc

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 04:57:38 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht at piing.fr> wrote:

> BTW, my point is what kind of upgrade can you reasonably expect for
> such files, which you don't reply to.

I can't see the future. 2 years ago would anyone have suggested the
current arrangement?

>> If the files are grouped together in a 'default-confs' package, if for
>> any reason upstream changes any one of them, all the rest would
>> generate a .pacnew
>
> Which remains to my previous point: what kind of reason could require an
> update for such files ?
>
> As a side note upstream is arch maintainers, here.

My understanding is that the conf file locations (and contents) are
synchronized between distros. A side-effect of systemd. Hence I don't
believe Arch is upstream in this case.

I do not know what sort of reason could require an update. I also
would not bet on the files being in the same form and at the same
location forever.