[arch-general] SystemD poll

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Aug 24 14:18:41 EDT 2012

On Aug 24, 2012 3:09 PM, "Kevin Chadwick" <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

http://osvdb.org/search?search%5Bvuln_title%5D=systemd&search%5Btext_type%5D=alltext

> Two local root exploits this year. So if your browser has a bug, systemd
> would have allowed priveledge escalation

Notice that these bugs were in logind (the console kit replacement) and not
in the init daemon. They were also fixed more than 8 months ago.

No one claimed that systemd never had any bugs. It even has bugs now, like
all software.

> We understand your decision has been made with reasonable reasons for
> doing so (saved effort)

For the record: I believe systemd is a technically better solution in all
ways that matter, so this move is not (purely) motivated by laziness. I'd
appreciate if you do not misrepresent me.

-t