[arch-general] SystemD poll

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 09:08:55 EDT 2012

> Despite that, no serious (IMHO) bugs or architectural issues have been
> found (there has of course been plenty of irrelevant complaints, but
> those I ignore).

http://osvdb.org/search?search%5Bvuln_title%5D=systemd&search%5Btext_type%5D=alltext

Two local root exploits this year. So if your browser has a bug, systemd
would have allowed priveledge escalation and with a default kernel your
bios to be overwritten. Note these bugs are very low hanging fruit
security wise and shouldn't have happened at all.

We understand your decision has been made with reasonable reasons for
doing so (saved effort) and that your relevancy gauge is out of sync
with ours and we have no idea how many devs. It would still be good if
users were aware of the facts without diluting them with impotent
shootdowns, not that code correctness, platform independence or security
ever has a huge impact on the average users decision.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)