[arch-general] iptables forward policy

Juan Diego Tascón juantascon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 12:47:37 EDT 2012

Good day,

I'm currently configuring a router. I'm setting the default policies
to DROP in the INPUT OUTPUT AND FORWARD chains. I'm thinking of
setting the default FORWARD policy to ACCEPT as my default INPUT
policy is DROP and unless there is a valid FORWARD rule for a given
port the packets wont go anywhere. I'm I right on this? or could
someone deliberately setup a packet to be forwarded from my router to
my lan? all I could find on google was one similar question with no
answer :(

Thanks