[arch-general] Re: [arch-dev-public] merging systemd back to a singular package

Nicolas Sebrecht nsebrecht at piing.fr
Tue Aug 28 06:32:35 EDT 2012

The 28/08/12, Tom Gundersen wrote:

> This is the point. If a daemon has been customized for systemd (which
> some have, and hopefully more will), then it will expect systemd to
> set up its communication channels for it and pass them to the daemon
> on startup, it might also expect systemd to do many other tasks which
> daemons traditionally would do themselves.

Daemons customized to require systemd will actually require systemd.

Now, systemd is a Linux only platform tool and most upstream don't
target their software to Linux only. I don't expect much daemons
requiring systemd to be started. If they do, users who want such tool
will use systemd and such daemons would naturally be out of the scope.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht