[arch-general] libsystemd to systemd

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 31 05:24:31 EDT 2012

Thank you Tom :)

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 11:14 +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:

> If you do not wish to switch to systemd yet, then no action
> is required. See [0] for some details.

I'm not switching yet. First I'll test it in VBox, but at the moment I
don't have time to do it, I need a stable Arch Linux.
So I'll backup my current install and then upgrade, without changing
anything and hope it still will work. If not I'll restore Arch from the
backup.

IIUC the OP got issues regarding to networkmanager, while not switching
to systemd.

However, no big deal since I don't need to upgrade at the moment. I can
use my Arch without an upgrade now and do the upgrade later, when I've
got time to switch to systemd. I don't like to switch, but I guess it
will make my live easier.

Regards,
Ralf