[arch-general] Secure Boot Support

kristof saposcat at myopera.com
Tue Dec 4 18:57:49 EST 2012

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 15:41:58 -0800, Christoph Vigano <mail at cvigano.de>
wrote:

> On 04.12.2012 10:27, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>> If any Arch developer were to magically receive a new, secure-boot
>> secured computer, then we could quickly get shim support.
>>

> Well, I'm not an Arch developer, but as it happens I got myself a
> Thinkpad X230i today, which is capable of secure boot.
>
> If I can be of any help, message me.
>
> Greetings,
> Christoph

I actually just bought a new laptop with secure boot capable UEFI, and if
a generous developer could just release an iso with both the shim and
grub-efi installed, then I (and the other Christoph) would gladly try it
on our own machines.

As far as I know, the only bootloader that the shim currently supports
right now is GRUB2, because the shim is actually coded so that grub will
call back to the shim to check the MOK list before it boots the kernel. I
understand that the developer of rEFInd is fidgeting with his or her
bootloader to support the shim.