[arch-general] rootfs remains in ro at boot on fresh install with new December ISO

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Wed Dec 5 14:24:11 EST 2012

Tom,

As requested, here is my fstab file. As you'll see, there is nothing fancy in it. /dev/sda1 isn't mounted as it is just my 2MB grub partition.

> > Since I didn't want a tmpfs mounted in /tmp, I did follow directives from
> the Beginners guide:
> >
> > systemctl mask tmp.mount
> >
> > The result of that thing is:
> >
> > 1. rootfs is ro.
> >
> > 2. My disk partition for /tmp speficied in fstab isn't mounted.
>
> FWIW, if you have a /tmp entry in your fstab you don't need to mask
> tmp.mount (the fstab takes precedence). The only time you need to maks
> tmp.mount is if you don't want a partition mounted on /tmp at all.

Yep, I have discovered that as well during my experiments :-)

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.