[arch-general] rootfs remains in ro at boot on fresh install with new December ISO

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Dec 4 11:25:23 EST 2012

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM, LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT
<olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com> wrote:
> Since I didn't want a tmpfs mounted in /tmp, I did follow directives from the Beginners guide:
>
> systemctl mask tmp.mount
>
> The result of that thing is:
>
> 1. rootfs is ro.
>
> 2. My disk partition for /tmp speficied in fstab isn't mounted.

FWIW, if you have a /tmp entry in your fstab you don't need to mask
tmp.mount (the fstab takes precedence). The only time you need to maks
tmp.mount is if you don't want a partition mounted on /tmp at all.

> Maybe someone could try to repeat the problem. If it is, then we have found a systemd bug, if not, I can share my fstab with interested parties.

Sounds like a bug, but haven't tried reproducing yet. Could you send
your fstab for the record?

Cheers,

Tom