[arch-general] the media keys doesn't work in the login screen

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza vilmar at informal.com.br
Thu Dec 6 20:55:10 EST 2012

Hi all.
First of all, forgive my bad english.
This is my first message to the list, forgive me if I am sending to the
incorrect place.

I installed arch in my laptop, a Dell vostro 3300.
I am using gnome as my desktop and gdm to manage my login.

Since I am blind I use orca as my screen reader in the graphical
environment and speakup in text mode.

I boot arch in text mode and after login in the console I issue the
following command to activate gnome:
sudo systemctl start gdm

After I enter the above command, the login screen appears, orca begins
to talk but I can not increment/decrement the volume using the media keys.
After I login in gnome, the keys works ok.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
Thanks.
--
{}S José Vilmar Estácio de Souza