[arch-general] crypttab support for non-root devices with systemd

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Sat Dec 8 15:52:34 EST 2012

Hi,

Am 08.12.2012 21:21, schrieb Dave Reisner:
> In core/lvm2 there's an lvm-on-crypt.service which you can enable. In
> testing/lvm2, you only need lvm-monitoring.service.

Thanks for your reply. Although probably both of these service files
would require the device to the unlocked. Currently its failing at this
stage already. From my understanding /etc/crypttab should work with
systemd just fine, shouldn't it? So probably my crypttab is invalid?
Because right now I'm getting asked for the passphrase on each and every
boot.

Any plans on when the "lvm-monitoring.service" will be released? Is it
in the early development, or is this something just waiting to be released?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch