[arch-general] Diskless Booting Wiki Help

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 05:15:17 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I'm not sure who's actually in charge of oversight on the Wiki, but I'd
appreciate a little input from anyone, really.

I've recently been trying to ensure the accuracy of the wiki with regards to
diskless booting.  I run a cluster at work, and I've spent quite some time
looking into getting this system functioning correctly, and I wanted to make
sure the documentation was there for others to use.

However, another (presumably well-intentioned) contributor has rewritten the
original article, and seems very keen to cut back everything he doesn't agree
with.  To be honest, I'm a bit sick of trying to convince him that all
information is helpful, and that not everyone that reads the article will have
his usecase.

In particular, he's keen to remove all references to NFSv3 (although Arch
doesn't currently support booting NFSv4 without his hack), and needing a
separate /var for each node (which I've explained is necessary in many, if not
most, situations).

I'd appreciate someone taking a look at the talk page and article history.
(I'm Giddie on the wiki.)  If it's decided I'm wrong, I'm fine with that.  I'm
just keen for the wiki to be as helpful as possible, and I don't think that's
the case right now.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_Installation_Guide

Help appreciated,
Paul