[arch-general] Mounting /var early in systemd

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 07:28:17 EST 2012

On Thursday 13 Dec 2012 10:51:02 you wrote:
> That's a very good point; probably all of these sockets will end up in /run
> rather than /var (as they once did).  Maybe the issues I'm seeing after boot
> are not related to sockets being masked as I assumed.  I have no idea what
> else it could be, though.
>
> I've got the unit ordered before all the sockets, but NFS is still behaving
> badly (losing visibility of /home and other mounts), and it works fine if
> the proper NFS /var is not mounted at all and the /var from the NFS root is
> used (but then it's not using the right /var).

I'm thinking it might be something to do with /var/lib/nfs?  Given that /home
is mounted significantly later than /var, though, I really don't get why the
system ends up losing /home with "Device or resource busy".  Root and /var
remain fine, though...  /home is mounted from fstab, and is fine if a new /var
is not mounted.

Paul