[arch-general] Kmail 2 problems

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:39:34 EST 2012

On Wednesday 01 Feb 2012 15:30:15 P NIKOLIC wrote:
> Sorry for the top posting back to web mail  cus Kmail2 just eats everything
> baring the junk .

No worries.

> I am using pop3  i have at present that matter 7 pop3 accounts  (bt do not
> do imap)  on those 7 accounts there are several mailing lists like this
> one  i use filters quite heavily to ensure that on arrival the mails all
> end up in the correct folders hence making life easy and convienient   but
> this install of Kmail2 is a real pain .
>
> It is that bad i looked at Claws but that does not feel or look right and
> it's filters are unable to do the job of shifting mail around from what i
> have found

The problem is almost certainly that it's got mixed up in the migration.  This
is the main outstanding issue with the Nepomuk and Akonadi frameworks, in my
opinion.

Could you describe what KMail is actually doing that makes it unusable?  I
know you've mentioned some error messages, but what are the actual symptoms?
Does mail go missing, appear multiple times etc...?

If you're at the point where you're considering switching to another client, I
think you'd do better to back up as much as you can from KMail, and delete and
recreate your accounts.  It'll be a pain, because it'll destroy your filters,
but it might be better than having to switch to another client.

If you decide to do that, you may be able to salvage most of your mail by
copying it into Local Folders before deleting the POP3 account.

Paul