[arch-general] ffmpeg and libav

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 09:45:12 EST 2012

On 02/12/2012 12:20 AM, Jesse Jaara wrote:
> Dunno about mplater but mplayer2 uses lubav, but is conpitable with ffmpeg
> after config script patch (version missmach)

Yes exactly, I don't know many details myself but what I'm sure about
is that almost all the core developers switched to libav, and that's the
most
important thing.

FFmpeg is still merging things more or less from everywhere without
any real control of the sources, and that's why it looks it's still
evolving, while
on the other side things are done properly as they've always been.