[arch-general] ffmpeg and libav

Alexander van den Berghe alexvdberghe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 12:03:31 EST 2012

On 02/12/2012 05:47 PM, Jason Steadman wrote:
> What is this?  Everything is working fine as it is, ffmpeg isn't deprecated
> and is under active development, why upset the apple cart?  Please stop
> "campaigning", I'm really not interested.
That it works fine for the moment does not mean it is the best choice
for the future. I am not familiar with this particular case but judging
on the previous messages 'active development' may be an overstatement
for ffmpeg. Considering the current situation (again based on previous
messages) this discussion is perfectly valid and can hardly be called
campaigning.
I wonder why you even took the time to reply if you are really not
interested.

Alex