[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] broken PKGDEST?

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Tue Feb 14 08:47:01 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 02:10:50PM +0100, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi,
> since quite some time, PKGDEST breaks testingpkg etc.
> It only can upload the arch package and not the other, eg. x64_64 is not
> able to upload the i686 package.
> Any ideas or fix for this? It really breaks my workflow.

I'm not sure what you want to do... Are you trying to release to a
architecture that isn't specified in the PKGBUILD's "arch" array? Or
does commitpkg fail to upload an architecture you actually specified?

Just to be sure, commitpkg currently behaves as follows:

1. Iterates over all architectures that you specified in your PKGBUILD
   (unless you use "$commit_arch").

2. Searches for package files for each of these architectures (and it
   looks in "$PKGDEST" if that is used). If it cannot find a package
   file for one architecture, it displays something like "Skipping
   $_pkgname-$fullver-$_arch: failed to locate package file" and skips
   that architecture.

3. Searches for signature files, bails out if one of them cannot be
   found or is invalid.

4. archreleases to all remaining architectures.

5. Uploads package and signature files.

If it doesn't behave like that for you, you should probably file a
devtools bug. If it behaves like that and you need another feature, file
a feature request :)