[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] broken PKGDEST?

Tobias Powalowski tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:13:22 EST 2012

> I'm not sure what you want to do... Are you trying to release to a
> architecture that isn't specified in the PKGBUILD's "arch" array? Or
> does commitpkg fail to upload an architecture you actually specified?
>
> Just to be sure, commitpkg currently behaves as follows:
>
> 1. Iterates over all architectures that you specified in your PKGBUILD
>    (unless you use "$commit_arch").
>
> 2. Searches for package files for each of these architectures (and it
>    looks in "$PKGDEST" if that is used). If it cannot find a package
>    file for one architecture, it displays something like "Skipping
>    $_pkgname-$fullver-$_arch: failed to locate package file" and skips
>    that architecture.
>
> 3. Searches for signature files, bails out if one of them cannot be
>    found or is invalid.
>
> 4. archreleases to all remaining architectures.
>
> 5. Uploads package and signature files.
>
> If it doesn't behave like that for you, you should probably file a
> devtools bug. If it behaves like that and you need another feature, file
> a feature request :)

All worked fine till last devtools update I think.
Everything is in the directory so there is no reason for testingpkg to
bail out that the arch is not there.
I had to call each chroot to get everything done, before it was just
working from one chroot for both arches.

This is imho a bug somewhere.
greetings
tpowa

--