[arch-general] Intel AES-NI module doesn't get loaded automatically

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Wed Feb 15 20:15:35 EST 2012

Hi,

my hardware supports the AES-NI instruction set, which is a performance
boost.

I'm pretty sure that the appropriate module (aesni_intel) was loaded
automatically in the past, which seems not to be the case anymore.

I probably could place it in /etc/rc.conf or something like that, but
before going for it, I would like to know why it doesn't get loaded
automatically in the first place any longer.

Is this something intentional or some sort of bug/regression? Maybe it
has something to do with the switch to kmod a few weeks ago?

Anyone else experienced this?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch