[arch-general] crashes

P Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 19 13:42:54 EST 2012

On Sunday 19 Feb 2012 10:49:40 David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 02:14 AM, P Nikolic wrote:
> > That is a mighty good question it is a deaktop machine  i run 2 21" LCD
> > displays  maybe it is detecting those and setting it accordingly one is
> > VGA
> > connected the other is on the DVI port
>
> Shouldn't make any difference. I do the same thing at work with the nvidia
> diver and an old nvidia 8600GTOCS. I have the primary monitor on the DVI
> port of the card and the secondary connected to the VGA port, no problems
> (no powerdevil either):
>
> [           ] [           ]
>
> | 1920x1200 | | 1680x1050 |
>
> [           ] [           ]
>
> the driver creates a single 3600x1200 desktop out of the two monitors.
>
> (sure wish I could buy another 1920x1200, but now all monitor manf. want to
> cheat you out of 120 vertical pixels for some reason :(

Hi David

 yes it's a strange one  . just checked it is still happening  i will have to
spend a bit of time soon see if i can find out what and why but got  awards
night  for the car club to sort out now trophys to get engraved  glassware to
order presentation to design   ect ect ect

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.2.6-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 16 10:10:02 CET 2012 x86_64
AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux