[arch-general] problem installing octave

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Feb 16 18:24:28 EST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 09:12:02AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> "Run 'pacman -Syu' and try again."
>
> But you ignored it:
>
> "I've no intention to do a full system upgrade ATM"

I did not ignore it, I gave some reasons why that was
not an option at that time. And those reasons are in
line with advice posted on this list by people who are
supposed to know what they are talking about.

> You then got explanations of why you are an idiot and what you did does
> not work on rolling release distros and is not supported by Arch...

Despite your arrogance and lack of manners, I will continue to use
Arch and advocate it, as I have done for the last three years.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.