[arch-general] howto build shadow 4.1.5 with share libraries enabled?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Feb 21 14:57:58 EST 2012

On 02/21/2012 11:40 AM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> It seems that the best solution would be to fix whatever depends on
> shadow to not do so any more. I take it from one of your previous
> messages that the issue is Trinity? In which case you might struggle
> to make things work (as upstream is basically dead). Maybe a different
> desktop environment might be the simplest solution ;-) (KDE is awesome
> these days!).
>
> Best of luck,
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom,

   It's kdm. The Trinity project is going fantastic these days.
(http://git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit/). Dead? The source code is less than 10
minutes old :) I just have an old version of Trinity installed while the
current version stabilizes and we update PKGBUILD sources to handle the git
tree. (nothing like a move from svn to git to add more work)

   I'll work to get kdm fixed. It is apparent that shadow isn't the problem.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.