[arch-general] /var/run should not be contained in the package file list.

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Wed Feb 22 11:52:42 EST 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:55:53 +0800
郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) <techlivezheng at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/2/22 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
> > On 22/02/12 12:24, 郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) wrote:
> >> Due to /var/run now is a tmp filesystem, so the path /var/run/* should
> >> not be packaged anymore. Instead, rc.script should take care aware
> >> create needed /var/run stuff. Otherwise, there are a missing wraning
> >> while running "pacman -Qk".
> >>

> > Bugs should be reported to the bug tracker...    Which package is this?
> >

> On my machine,runing "pacman -Ql | grep "/var/run" | cut -d' ' -f1 |
> sort -u",got following:
>
> apache
> avahi
> dbus-core
> filesystem
> proftpd
> samba
> courier-authlib

The package-owner it 'filesystem'. But I disagree with the proposal because
(1) /var/run is a symlink, not a separate FS and (2) initscripts should
accomplish the minimum required operations and should mount only absolutely
necessary FS (not /tmp, /media or the like).

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D