[arch-general] Ways to power on broadcom bcm4311 wireless adaptor without booting into windows

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Feb 25 09:18:57 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Wi-Fi seems to be an issue with Linux, I'm uncertain to install a
> Windows, I already hate to run it with VirtualBox.

Seems you have had bad luck. Most wifi devices work well with Linux
these days, of course assuming you have installed the right drivers /
firmware, and that they are not blocked by the firmware which seems to
be the issue in this thread.

When it comes to usb adapters, the vendors have a tendency to do very
evil things. In the past I have needed usb_modeswitch to be installed
to make things work, but YMMV.

-t