[arch-general] Need translations for small project

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:55:51 EST 2012

2012/2/26 martin kalcher <martin.kalcher at googlemail.com>:
> Hey hey,
>
> i started to localize my 'local repo manager' [1][3] and i just speak 1.5
> languages, so i need some help to translate it. It would be great, if some
> of you guys would do that!
>
> What is done?
>        * en as default gettext language (needs to be reviewed)
>        * de
>
> What have to be done?
>        * as many languages as possible
>
> Interrested people should read the README [2]. There is a short description
> of some few steps (clone, add, test). Its important to checkout the devel
> branch before doin anything.
>
> Thank you very much, ushi
>
> [1] https://github.com/ushis/local-repo
> [2] https://github.com/ushis/local-repo/blob/devel/README.md

Suggestion: you could provide translations strings in Transifex, so
translators would have an easier way to follow the progress of
translation and to deliver translations to you (instead of many emails
for all languages). IMO, it is a very nice solution. And if I'm not
wrong, it is free for opensource projects. In archlinux we have three
examples: pacman [1], AUR [2] and srcpac [3].

btw, I volunteer myself to translate to portuguese (brazil).

Cheers,

Rafael

[1] https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/archlinux-pacman/
[2] https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/aur/