[arch-general] Need translations for small project

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Mon Feb 27 05:45:44 EST 2012

Hello,

Sweet project, i am making something like your local repo in lua,
but mine will have some build options and keep a clean PKGBUILD dir by warping makepkg
with my LuaBash[1] library

Good luck with yours, but i think having langueges on this type of app is unecessary,
since is almost certain that most of this app userbase will have suficient english.
I personally just prefer english (i am portuguese) over my native language. I dont even bother
making a portuguese version, its just unnecessery work, instead i prefer a solid english that
everyone can understand.

On your app is even more evident that english should the only language, since you target
Arch Linux users and all of them need to know english to at least read the wiki and man pages
properly.

I once tried to make translations but it only became a mess to maintain when everyone just
prefers english. In the world of today we all should be talking the same language already.

Anyways, this is just my opinion. You can (and you should, we have the right to disagre) take
a diferent view on this, anyways i wish you luck.

[1] https://github.com/masterkorp/LuaBash

--
Regards,
Alfredo Palhares