[arch-general] dovecot.conf moved to dovecot.pacsave - why?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon Feb 27 23:20:02 EST 2012

On 02/27/2012 06:51 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> All,
>   Why does the new dovecot package move the dovecot.conf to
> dovecot.conf.pacsave? The same 2.0 configuration works with 2.1, why leave the
> user without any dovecot.conf at all?

  For me when I updated to dovecot 2.1.1-3 it was even worse - or at
least surprising ...

  It saved dovecot.conf as a .pacsave - but it also deleted every
standard file in conf.d subdir except for the ones I changed - which
were also moved to .pacsave.

  I think deleting all the config file violates the least surprise
approach ...