[arch-general] Terrible flash performance

Vladimir Nikšić vniksic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 08:43:43 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 03.01.2012 13:58, schrieb Vladimir Nikšić:
>> A couple of months ago I switched from
>> Ubuntu where youtube was working essentially flawlessly, fullscreen or not.
>
> "A couple of months ago", there was no 64 bit version of the flash
> player, only a 32 bit version.

Nope, I was using a 64bit .so file, downloaded from adobe's site. It
was 10.something but it worked fine.

>> The same issue occurs on manually downloaded the latest 64bit
>> libflashplayer.so from adobe's site.
>
> That's because they're the exact same files. Yay for running pointless
> tests. (It's not like we magically modify the closed-source
> libflashplayer.so to behave differently.)

Actually, the one I downloaded from adobe was a slightly higher
version than the one from extras. I had hoped they fixed the problem,
but didn't happen. It didn't occur to me to try the one from AUR, but
it's the same version I downloaded manually.