[arch-general] Terrible flash performance

Manne Merak mannemerak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 11:00:27 EST 2012

On 01/03/2012 02:58 PM, Vladimir Nikšić wrote:
> I have an ongoing problem with flash performance. I tried installing
> flashplugin-11.1.102.55-1 from the pacman repositories. The videos on
> youtube for example, works fine as long as I don't turn on fullscreen.
> The video gets really choppy and the CPU usage spikes to 100% (one
> core). I have a Core2Duo on 2ghz. A couple of months ago I switched
> from Ubuntu where youtube was working essentially flawlessly,
> fullscreen or not.
>
> The same issue occurs on manually downloaded the latest 64bit
> libflashplayer.so from adobe's site. Does anyone have similar issues?
> I also have an Nvidia card which unfortunately does not support GPU
> acceleration.

Hi,

I have same flashplugin installed, same CPU, with Nvidia, high res
1920x1200 and fullscreen works fine.

Some more info on your setup is required.
1.  Window manager? Browser used?
2.  Which Nvidia Card and Driver used?
3.  Driver config?
4.  Compiz, KDE4 or other effects enabled?
5.  What process grabs 100% CPU.
6.  What resolution videos are you watching?
That should be good for a start.

Manne