[arch-general] Seemingly archlinux specific problem with logkeys

SanskritFritz sanskritfritz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:33:13 EST 2012

I started a topic on the forum, but we didnt reach to any solution:

In hope for a more competent audience, I repost my question now here:

It looks like there is an archlinux specific problem with logkeys:
http://code.google.com/p/logkeys/issues/detail?id=60
I also am hit by this, and would like to ask for your help guys. Any
idea what could cause this?
In a nutshell:

strace -f logkeys -s
shows that the logfile could not be written for some reason:
[pid 10516] write(1, "Logging started ...\n\n2011-11-02 "..., 48) = -1
EBADF (Bad file descriptor)

The comments all have in common that they use archlinux, hence I dared
to post here.