[arch-general] Newbies in Arch [WAS: Suspend seems not to work with nVidia Nouveau driver]

Jonathan Vasquez jvasquez1011 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:14:53 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Jonathan Vasquez
> <jvasquez1011 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's how democracy works. By listening to it's citizens.
>> Same goes with the AUR, and when people vote for packages
>> for inclusion into the community repo
>
> Errr, no. It's still up to devs and TUs to include a package in the repos.
> Also https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Forum_Etiquette#Respect_The_Staff
> Members of The Forum Team have been chosen for their ability to
> exercise consistently good judgment and shall have the final say. Note
> that this forum is not run as a democracy.

Never said the entire community was a democracy, I did say thought
that like a democracy people vote for the packages to be included.
You are right, that the Trusted Users have the final say on what
packages get included, I never said otherwise. We obviously can't let
everyone in the community have read/write access to the community
repo,
but the packages that the community members voted for in the AUR, are
being looked at by the Trusted Users. That's not a problem to me, and
if anything is a sign of a Representative Democracy. In the AUR aspect
specifically.

--
Jonathan Vasquez