[arch-general] Newbies in Arch [WAS: Suspend seems not to work with nVidia Nouveau driver]

Jonathan Vasquez jvasquez1011 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:16:45 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Jonathan Vasquez <jvasquez1011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Karol Blazewicz
> <karol.blazewicz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Jonathan Vasquez
>> <jvasquez1011 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That's how democracy works. By listening to it's citizens.
>>> Same goes with the AUR, and when people vote for packages
>>> for inclusion into the community repo
>>
>> Errr, no. It's still up to devs and TUs to include a package in the repos.
>> Also https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Forum_Etiquette#Respect_The_Staff
>> Members of The Forum Team have been chosen for their ability to
>> exercise consistently good judgment and shall have the final say. Note
>> that this forum is not run as a democracy.
>
> Never said the entire community was a democracy, I did say thought
> that like a democracy people vote for the packages to be included.
> You are right, that the Trusted Users have the final say on what
> packages get included, I never said otherwise. We obviously can't let
> everyone in the community have read/write access to the community
> repo,
> but the packages that the community members voted for in the AUR, are
> being looked at by the Trusted Users. That's not a problem to me, and
> if anything is a sign of a Representative Democracy. In the AUR aspect
> specifically.
>
> --
> Jonathan Vasquez

Hitler was also chosen because of his intelligence and other
credentials. How does this relate? Just because a person is elected
because of "perceived" credentials that you can obviously prove that
they have,
does not mean that the person will continue to act in that fashion.
Hopefully they will.

--
Jonathan Vasquez