[arch-general] Newbies in Arch [WAS: Suspend seems not to work with nVidia Nouveau driver]

Don Juan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 16:32:42 EST 2012

On 01/04/2012 01:04 PM, Jonathan Vasquez wrote:
> [...]
> actual Arch linux user. Not just some random person. I showed some of
> my contributions so that you can understand that I am an Archer, I am
> a contributing user, and I legitimiately card about the future of Arch
> Linux, therefore my constructive criticism to not just OS design, but
> also
> to Etiquette behavior should be heard (Doesn't have to be followed,
> but at least listened to). That's how democracy works. By listening to
> it's
> citizens. Same goes with the AUR, and when people vote for packages
> for inclusion into the community repo. So I hope I cleared that I
> wasn't trying
> to compare my contributions to anybody else. I'm sure, proud, and
> happy that we have members like Gaetan and you in our community
> because I'm sure
> that you also help, want to continue helping, and love Arch linux just
> as any other Archer.
>
> I don't know how said Arch is the natural replacement for Ubuntu
> either. I did say multiple times, in my videos, and in these posts
> that
> as long as a person is willing to read documentation, that it doesn't
> matter what there starting position is. Doesn't matter if they are a
> noob,
> or a pro user from another Distro or OS. The important thing is that
> they are willing to read the documentation in order to further their
> knowledge.
> So I completely agree with you as well Angel, and it's exactly what
> I'm promoting and have been saying.
>
> I'm glad you have helped a lot of people in this community, and I'm
> sure you will continue to do so. I'm not happy that you or anyone else
> has
> to receive Troll comments. Now I believe that as a person with an
> @archlinux domain in your email, you are not just a regular Archer,
> but you
> of course are an esteemed member in the community. Therefore as a
> person with authority, you have to be a roll model for everyone else.
> I'm not
> saying you have to take crap from anyone, but I am saying that you
> definitely can't be making "troll-like comments". That doesn't look
> good,
> especially when an outsider comes to look at Arch and sees people with
> power trolling on it's users. They will surely leave, no matter how
> noob,
> or pro they are.
>
> You don't have to apologize to me. Drama, and correct etiquette
> behavior are two different things.
>
> Thanks, I will continue to learn :).
>
> @Leonid Isaev
>
> Of course, a person definitely has to use his/her brain when reading
> anything online. That's why I said we have to be careful with what
> we read, and why people need to keep an open mind when they read the
> information and go to speak to their doctors about it. There will most
Or ask for advice from an experienced Archer for clarification on whats
been read, or the lack of finding something to read in relation to a
issue, miss configuration due to not grasping something. Or it could
even boil down to weak google-fu skills on part of the new comer.

But if its something clearly discussed in the Wiki or is something thats
been answered in the MB archives, most other boards I belong to just
flat out say nothing. Which with the mind set and wants of other Archers
would be a good thing. Or posting one of those let me google it for you
links. I built a quick little one for another board for a COM unit I use.

Anyways no more noise from me on this topic.

> likely be a flaw, and the doctor will need to correct that flaw and
> logic. It's also the doctor's responsability at that point to not act
> arrogantly and try to make the patient feel stupid for them trying to
> self-diagnose themselves. Life's a two way street, and there are
> responsabilities at both ends.

Can we tag this [solved]^3 now? ;) lol